District Energy (Heating, Cooling, and Cogeneration)
In Kansas City, Veolia Energy's district energy network serves approximately 60 customers in the central business district, with more than 4 million square feet of commercial space.
The district energy network provides centrally-produced steam and chilled water for their customers, and the facility also cogenerates electricity.
- Chemicals industry
- Agrifoods industry
- Federal, County and City government facilities
- An arena
- 1.3 million pounds per hour of steam
- 10,650 tons of chilled water capacity
- 5 megawatts of cogeneration capacity
- Distribution network of 6.5 miles of steam and 2.0 miles of chilled water pipes